Attorneys Serving Victims of Medical Negligence
Medical malpractice claims are different from other kinds of personal injury lawsuits and require diligent and timely action to protect patients’ rights.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
When providing diagnosis and treatment, doctors, surgeons, and other medical professionals must uphold what is known as a “standard of care.” The standard of care refers to the level at which, given the circumstances, a case would be managed by a competent practitioner.
The standard of care is intended to protect patients. When lapses occur, patients may suffer a number of adverse effects, including:
- Delay in life-saving treatment
- Delay in timely testing and diagnosis
- Developing a serious illness or complication while receiving treatment
- Postoperative infection and other complications
- Being prescribed the wrong medication
- Not receiving a referral to the appropriate specialist
- Receiving unnecessary or dangerous treatment