Were You Sexually Assaulted or Abused in the Scouts?
In February 2020, the Boy Scouts of America filed for bankruptcy. Part of the bankruptcy proceedings includes the creation of a trust to compensate childhood victims of sexual abuse and assault while they were in Boy Scouts.
The deadline to file a sexual abuse claim in the Boy Scouts bankruptcy proceedings is November 16, 2020.
If you were in the Boy Scouts and suffered sexual abuse or assault at the hands of someone in the organization, Lincoln Trial Lawyers can help.
How Do I File a Sexual Abuse Claim Against the Boy Scouts?
Our team can help you complete the claim form and submit it to the court. Information you will need to complete the form includes:
- Personal details (age, employment history, education, etc.)
- Background on your time in the Boy Scouts (years, location, etc.)
- The name(s) of the individual(s) who abused or assaulted you
- Details of the abuse or assault
- How the sexual abuse or assaulted impacted you, including:
- Psychological trauma
- Difficulty forming and keeping relationships
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- And more
We recognize that revisiting these painful memories is difficult. Our attorneys and staff will guide you through the claim process and provide the support you need to pursue justice in your case.